Interested in being on the PTA Board, not sure if it’s right for you?
If you are interested in being on the PTA Board for the upcoming school year but want some more information you can:
- contact the current position holder and get information on time commitment, responsibilities, training, and any other questions you may have.
- if you aren’t sure if it’s right for you, ask to ‘shadow’ a current board member.
Once you are ready to submit your name for nomination...
- write a Letter of Intent that briefly describes why you want to hold the position, what skills you make you a qualified candidate, some brief comments about what you’d like to do if elected.
- submit your Letter of Intent to the Nominating Committee by the deadline (generally at least 30 days prior to the election).
- if you have any questions about the election process, reach out to the Nominating Committee Chair or refer to PTA Bylaws.
What about Committee Chairs, are they elected positions?
Committee Chairs are not elected. To serve as a committee chair, the interested party contacts the PTA President. If more than one person offers to serve as the chair for the committee they may be asked to co-chair or the PTA Board will select the chair from interested parties.
Who serves on the Nominating Committee?
The Nominating Committee is comprised of at least:
- 1 Committee Chair
- 2 Members at Large